Yield: 8 donuts
Serving Size: 1 donut
Time: 30 minutes
What happens when we pair our two favorite treats together? COFFEE DONUTS! This recipe is perfect for a tasty breakfast, snack, or dessert. Coffee is part of the glaze and the donut mixture in this recipe. It creates a unique flavor you may not have tasted before but your tastebuds will love it. Choosing the right coffee blend is crucial to this recipe. Luckily, Tastle Coffee serves you with the best quality coffee!
The best part... this recipe takes only 30 minutes! So if you’re reading this hungry right now... you can be eating a delicious donut very very soon...
- 2 tbsp instant coffee granules (we recommend our 100% organic instant coffee)
- 1 ½ cup plain/all-purpose flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup (60mL) buttermilk ***
- ¼ cup (60mL) vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
*** If you do not have buttermilk, you can make your own by combining 1 teaspoon of lemon juice or white vinegar to ¼ (60 mL) cup of milk. Stir until combined and set aside for 5-10 minutes until mixture thickens and curdles.
- ¼ cup (60 mL) warm milk
- 1 tbsp instant coffee granules
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 ¼ cup powdered sugar
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit (200 degrees Celsius) and grease donut pan
- In a small bowl, dissolve coffee granules with ¼ cup hot water. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl combine the flour, baking powder, nutmeg, and salt.
- In a separate large bowl, whisk together the egg and sugar. Then, whisk the buttermilk, oil, coffee, and vanilla until all ingredients are combined.
- Slowly mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until combined. Make sure not to overmix.
- Fill the donut pan. Fill each donut nearly to the top.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. (When a toothpick is inserted, it should come out clean).
- Set aside and cool for 5-10 minutes. Then, transfer to wire rack until cooled completely to serve.
- In a medium bowl, combine the coffee and vanilla to the warm milk. Combine the icing sugar into the mixture until smooth.
- Take each donut and dip the top into the glaze half-way. Return the donut onto the wire rack to set.